Best Endoscopy Doctor in Ahmedabad
TREAT & DIAGNOSE GASTROINTESTINAL PROBLEM WITH ENDOSCOPY PROCEDURE
An endoscope is a thin, flexible tube with a camera and/or light at one end that is inserted into a patient's body during an endoscopy in Ahmedabad to provide an external image of an internal organ or structure. Endoscopic examinations are typically performed on patients who have complained of stomach issues. Upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and other diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are all possible with the endoscope. Along with an endoscopy, a doctor may do minor operations to remove problematic growths or extract tissue samples.
Types of Endoscopies
- Colonoscopy In order to examine the colon, a scope is introduced through the anus.
- The term "upper gastrointestinal endoscopy" refers to the examination of the oesophagus and upper intestinal tract with a scope inserted via the mouth.
- To perform an enteroscopy, a scope is introduced into the mouth or nares to examine the intestines.
What happens during endoscopy?
Most patients worry about what to anticipate during an endoscopy in Ahmedabad, so here are the steps leading up to it:
- The doctor will numb your throat or sedate you before inserting the endoscope. Painkillers are administered intravenously so that you can feel at ease during the treatment.
- The mouthpiece is set in position initially; nevertheless, you need not worry about its obstructing your airway.
- You'll want to lie on your side for this examination. Since the endoscope is equipped with a camera, it is possible to see what's going on inside the digestive tract.
- The oesophagus is inflated gently to improve visibility of the digestive tract.
- The diagnostic endoscopy procedure typically takes between 5 and 10 minutes. When necessary, a biopsy is performed and the sample is sent off for analysis. Endoscopic biopsy is the medical name for this procedure.
Looking to Get an Endoscopy?
Stomach discomfort, digestive system bleeding, Ulcers, gastritis, trouble swallowing, changes in bowel habits, and development in the colon are all symptoms for which your doctor may order the aforementioned tests. This method is also required during a biopsy to detect any underlying illness.Endoscopy can also be used to diagnose and perhaps treat gastrointestinal issues. Endoscopy, for instance, can be used to both diagnose a bleeding ulcer and insert devices to staunch the bleeding. You can contact Excel Hospital,to know about endoscopy cost Ahmedabad.
Is It Safe to Have an Endoscopy Performed?
A tear in the intestinal wall, an adverse response to the sedative used, haemorrhage, infection, pancreatitis, and other problems are rare but possible during an endoscopy.
Who can perform endoscopy?
Gastroenterologists, who specialise in the study and treatment of digestive disorders, typically carry out such treatments.
Fasting for at least 6-8 hours is required before an endoscopy.
Preparing Your Gut:
The only preparation for an ERCP (upper endoscopy) is a fast of 6-8 hours. A laxative or combination of laxatives is typically used the day before a colonoscopy to ensure a clean bowel.Sedatives are typically given to patients before to medical operations so that they can feel more at peace during the process. In most cases, the operation causes little or no discomfort. Patients often regain consciousness within an hour, but the drugs' effects last much longer, making it unsafe to drive until the next day. Only in few cases is general anaesthesia used by endoscopy doctor in Ahmedabad.Reduced dangers and improved picture quality have made modern upper gi endoscopy a boon for many medical specialties.